Jan 2, 2014

Hello, 2014!


2013 came and went in a flash. I'll admit, I have a pretty shitty memory, but seriously, where does the time go and what did I do all year? 2014 already??

My favorite quote about parenting is that "the days are long, but the years are short". Oh how that rings so true. Husband and I sometimes high five each other and chest bump at the fact that we've kept C alive and healthy for 2 years. Why is a house plant so damn hard?!

It's so easy to power through the same routine every day that we forget to enjoy the moments and each other. There are far too often times that Dat and I share just a few minutes at dinner before it is time to whisk C away to be bathed, and ready for bed. After that, it's clean up time and lights out for everyone. 

Which brings me to my #1 resolution. To be present. Wherever I am, I need to be all there. I need to step away from social media, emails, texts, the computer -- and just unplug when I get home. Sometimes it really frightens and saddens me that C will grow and and might not know the art of face to face conversation, or even the simple act of penning a letter or note to someone. Another reason I wrote him a letter on his 1st birthday to be read when he is 18.




Some other things I resolve to do, but in no particular order:
  • save more money 
  • work on my temper (as suggested by the Husband)
  • cut out the soda
  • be less dismissive of outdoor activities (also sugested by Husband)
  • learn how to bake at least ONE thing from scratch
  • read more
  • laugh more

It's going to be a good year, I can feel it! We're excited, can't you tell!?




No comments :

Post a Comment