I thought it would be fun to share 5 random facts about us on our 5 year anniversary!
- D. doesn't drink while I *can* be a complete lush. I may or may not be that girl at the office Christmas party. But honestly, his nondrinking ways have started to rub off on me, since I can't even rememer the last time I even had a buzz. It was probably pre-Caden!
- While we've been married for 5 years, we were together for 5 years before that. I can't believe a whole decade with this guy has flown by. That doesn't include the few months we dated while in high school before I went away to college. I still tease him that he was my rebound after a breakup w/ an ex :)
- This man has the patience of a saint with me and I'm so thankful for that. Maybe it was my defense mechanism from failed relationships, but I had a really bad tendency to be ... just plain bitchy. It was to the point where my gfs and even my parents told me to snap out of it bc D. was so nice and frankly didn't deserve it. Ya'll that's love when someone sees you at your worst, and still wants to be with you! Recognize it!
- We are super impulsive people. We are definitely 'do it now, think about it later'. For example: I got into a fight with my dad about somethign random and was so pissed and wanted to move out. Instead of cooling off, lettting it blow over like a normal, rational person, we decided we wanted to move in together. My parents are old school, so Dat went and bought me a ring so we could live together! Makes sense and totally not hasty at all, right? We had a nice and long engagement though :)
- We are major homebodies. What is cabin fever? I literally could spend a week inside the house and not step foot outside if we were fully stocked on groceries and had the interwebs. Hubby is just as content as long as there's cable TV and Clash of Clans to play.
|Our server brought us apple cider instead of champagne lol|
|anniversary selfie or should I say us-ie|