Jan 1, 2012

Goodbye 2011, Helllllo '12!

I cannot believe another year has come and gone again. 2012 - we finally meet. It's been a long time coming. I'll be the big 3-0 and as much as everyone dreads it, I've always looked forward to this milestone birthday as it marks another closed chapter of my life.


Every year I make the same resolutions - save money and lose weight. I almost always break my resolutions 2 days into the year. Why do I even set myself up for failure with all the post holiday sales? And with food? I just. can't. resist.

But this year, I resolve to find more reasons to celebrate. My little one is not even two months yet, and in that short period he's taught me a lesson that has taken almost 30 years to finally understand - to not sweat the small stuff and to find joy in the simplest of things. It really is quite powerful.

I will make myself another promise - and that is to document this year as much as possible. I remember whenever my group of gfs got together, we'd each have our camera and take 3 or 4 pictures of the same pose on each camera while we blinked, smiled, and were blinded by the flashes. Nowadays, it's a rare occasion for any of us to even whip out our phones to snap a quick photo. 

I don't want to miss or forget anything -- and it's a good thing I had my camera ready today because little man treated us to his first real smile this morning to usher in 2012. I have a feeling it'll be the best year yet.


             Happy New Year!!!





No comments :

Post a Comment