Jan 9, 2012

Dear Mama

Our house sits on a bit of a hill - our street is even called High Point - and so our driveway is higher up than our neighbor's lot resulting in a small, I guess you can call it, a ditch? Today, my dear mama backed our car into aforementioned ditch.

Did I mention it was raining? Sure enough, it got stuck there the entire day for all the neighbors to see until the husband got home. The little kids from next door even ran out of their house and squealed "how did THAT happen?!" SMH.

After the initial freakout at my mom, I couldn't help but laugh. All she wanted to do was go grocery shopping for me so I wouldn't't have to worry about it. And it reminds me once again how blessed I am to have such a selfless and wonderful woman who does nothing but put everyone else before herself. My mom and I have always been close, but ever since having little man, our relationship has grown so much more. It has become such a solid foundation and has enabled me to focus on being a better mom, daughter and wife. 

Dear Mama,

Thank you for everything. A million times over. I aspire to be the same mother to Caden as you are to me - amazing.

I love my mother as the trees love water and sunshine - she helps me grow, prosper, and reach great heights.  ~Terri Guillemets


No comments :

Post a Comment