Apr 3, 2014

A Different Kind of Family Planning

Heard some very sad news today about an aquaintence and it made me just want to drop everything, go home and hug my family all night. It's said again and again, life is simply too short.

I am a planner by nature. I plan our meals, our outings, and even birthdays a year in advance. What I have not planned for is what we all think will never happen to us. Mortality. It's got the husband thinking about our wills and estate planning -- just really not fun but absolutely neccessary subjects.

It's tough thinking about the what ifs, but it's a package deal when you'e a parent. For now, I'll be hugging my kid a little tighter, kissing my husband a little longer, and laughing much much more -- because life is too short.





No comments :

Post a Comment