Aug 24, 2014

Home Sweet Home

We finally pulled the trigger. We are moving! Well, early next year anyway.

In typical Ngu fashion, it was a whirlwind of events and impulsivness and before the dust really settled, the husband and I signed on the dotted line to build a new house.

While some ppl might not agree, we've been in the fortunate position to live with my parents ever since Caden was about 5 months old. Maybe it's a cultural thing, but it wasn't a strange and totally absurd idea for us to rent out our house and move back in with my parents after my maternity leave was up. We were first time parents, and I dreaded each and every passing day as it became one day closer to my return date to the office. Maybe I read one too many stories about nannies from hell, but it made me sick to think about dropping off my son to a stranger. My mom had graciously volunteered to stay with us those first few months, and the solution to childcare just naturally evolved into moving back. My parents had the room, we'd be saving a ton of money on a mortgage and daycare, and homecooked meals to boot - it was a no brainer. Oh, the things we do for our children. Afterall, we can all agree it takes a village to raise a child, right?

Despite sometimes getting shocked looks and raised eyebrows from a few people, it's worked out wonderfully for us as a two way street; we've had the luxury of grandma daycare and peace of mind, while my folks just simply love their time with Caden.

Anyway, our tenant's lease was going to be up at the end of August and we were thinking about moving back after renovating the kitchen, but estimate after estimate, those plans were quickly crushed. We started looking at a few houses in a few areas, actually made an offer on a home we LOVED, but lost it due to a higher offer in a ridiculously hot market. After a lot of talk and prayer, we decided that building a new home was the best for our growing family. It's an exciting time for us as we're ready for more space and being closer to friends. Let's not forget about the Baby Deux countdown either.

We're still trying to talk my parents into moving in with us (Grandma is C's #1 afterall) but only time will tell. They have their own lives to live, but I can't help but be selfish and want them near. The older I get, the more I realize my parents are human and even older and you want to make the most of the time you have together. My mom's been our angel and we're very blessed to have her in our lives. The old man spoils Caden absolutely rotten, but that's what grandpas are supposed to do. I hope our newest little guy is as lucky as his big brother.

claiming our little piece of home sweet home

picking out options; suprisingly not as painful as i thought it would be

an obligatory belly shot!




No comments :

Post a Comment